Clawson Lions Club History
|1944||Clawson Lions Club chartered.
Paul Schalm elected first president.
|1954||Club hosts first annual "Citizen of the Year" dinner.|
|1966||Club member designs city park pavilion. Club joins with other organizations to fund and build the project.|
|1979||Club teams with Royal Oak Lions to establish the Lions Silent Children's Speech Fund, now the Silent Children program at Beaumont Hospital.|
|1998||Club begins "Mexico Mission" to provide hearing aids to children and adults in Mexico.|
|1999||Club hosts first annual "Down on Main Street" car show, becoming its biggest and most successful fundraising project.|